Currently religious services and observances are lay led.
An Interim Rabbi will begin serving the congregation on July 1, 2016.
Reform Temple - www.tbeknox.org
The Reform movement and its synagogues are the spiritual and communal homes for the largest number of Jews in North America. Some of its guiding principles include:
- Immersion in study (Torah), prayer (avodah) and the performance of good deeds (gemilut chasadim)
- Personal responsibility for religious choices based upon knowledge and commitment
- A commitment to tikkun olam—the repair of the world in partnership with God—through acts of social justice
- Full equality of women and men in all aspects of synagogue leadership and religious life (the Reform movement ordained the first woman rabbi in 1972)
- Welcoming all who wish to celebrate Jewish life—singles, families, gay/lesbian Jews, interfaith couples, retirees and young adults
- Developing and maintaining close links with the State of Israel and its citizens