There are many volunteer opportunities through the Knoxville Jewish Alliance. You can work with your hands on beautifying our campus or roll up your sleeves and work on one of our many committees. You can make a personal connection by visiting a local senior citizen or you can be involved in growing food for those in need in our community garden.
Beautify our campus: Volunteer with Facilities
There are opportunities on most Sunday mornings to work outdoors in a socially distant way by assisting in outdoor projects on our campus including trimming trees, building sandboxes, and other projects to beautify the campus. To find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer for a KJA Committee
There are many opportunities to help plan and contribute to our KJA community. Consider volunteering for a committee. Some committees you can service on include:
- Cultural Arts which plans, implements and oversees cultural programming for the KJA.
- Adult Recreation and Wellness which plans recreational and social activities for the KJA.
- Israel Partnership which develops Israel related programming and missions to Israel.
- Communications which works on the KJA's communications including its newsletter Ha'Kol.
For more information on these and other committees, contact VPcommunityengagement@jewishknoxville.org.
Volunteer with Jewish Family Services
There are multiple opportunities to volunteer through Jewish Family Services. To find out what you can do, contact Laura Berry at email@example.com. Here are some things you can do:
- Visit residents of assisted living facilities and nursing homes
- Prepare Mitzvah meals for a family welcoming a loved one home from a hospital or rehabilitation stay
- Help plan Jewish holiday parties for residents of area long-term facilities
- Prepare meals, host dinner, or lead children's activities for guests of Family Promise when they are at Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church (We are TVUUC's support congregation for Family Promise. They host the families 4-5 times a year for a week at a time.)